Welcome to the fmin.xyz - attempt to build intuitive systematic review of optimization theory, methods and applications.
The site contains following parts:
The site has simple built-in search 🔍. You can use it to find anything you want.
Rules of formatting and contributing could be found on the readme page on the github repo.
- This site aims on researchers and enthusiasts with some prior expertise in the field (not just the Wikipedia clone).
- The fundamental primitive structure of this site is the page.
- The page should consist short self-sufficient material about the topic.
- If the page is based on paper, bibtex label should be added at the beginning.
- The general structure of the site is flexible and should be improved over the time iteratively.
These notations will be used by default (unless otherwise specified)
- – optimizing variable
- – -dimensional Euclidian space
- – global optimizer of the problem
- – norm of the vector(matrix) (if nothing specified, we often use Euclidian (Frobenius) norm)
- – dual norm (norm in dual space) (if nothing specified, we often use Euclidian (Frobenius) norm)